Progress in the fight for life
The Canadian Cancer Society is changing cancer forever – because of you. Thanks to your support, the Alberta/NWT Division of the Society invested more than $7.6 million to fund our mission of eradicating cancer and improving the quality of life of those living with the disease. As you read through our Progress Report 2013-14, you'll see how your generous contributions of time and money are making a significant impact in the fight.
Whether you're a longtime supporter, or a new member of the Society's team, know that you are making a difference. Thanks to people like you, the cancer survival rate has more than doubled since the 1960s. We know more about what causes cancer, how it develops, and how to better treat and beat it. And were continually improving the quality of life of cancer patients, survivors, their families and caregivers.
But we still need your help. With you, we will reach a day when no Canadian fears cancer.
Why you should invest in the Society
- We're experienced. Since 1938, we've worked with Canadians, government and other organizations to change cancer forever.
- We are the largest national charitable funder of cancer research in Canada.
- We fund research into the entire cancer spectrum, from prevention to diagnosis, treatment, clinical trials and palliative care.
- We're the only national cancer charity to focus on all cancers, in all communities.
- We offer invaluable and unparalleled support to people living with cancer, including financial assistance, transportation to treatment, peer support and much more.
- We advocate all levels of government to:
- prevent people from getting cancer by reducing exposure to cancer-causing agents
- help people with cancer survive longer by improving access to screening tests and treatment
- improve the quality of life for people living with cancer by protecting the rights of patients and caregivers